Downside Primary School is an established five form entry school, which opened in September 2011. We are a big school, but we work hard to ensure that we create a welcoming, caring atmosphere – where all children are praised and developed as individuals. Downside Primary School was judge to be a ‘good’ school in our most recent Ofsted inspection – January 2019
At Downside Primary School, we aim to:
- develop an enthusiasm and love for learning
- create a caring school where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- provide opportunities for everyone to learn and develop in a safe and challenging environment
- offer an inspiring and exciting curriculum which provides knowledge and skills for life-long learning
- promote positive attitudes and enable children to become caring and active citizens
- value and respect diversity and enable children to develop the skills necessary to be positive role models in the community
- sow and nurture an awareness of the need to care for the natural environment
- encourage creativity and exploration in all areas of learning
- enable children to discover for themselves and lay foundations for independent learning
- actively promote an understanding and awareness of healthy living
Downside Primary School is a member of the West Area Partnership of Schools. Click HERE to find out more details.
Download the latest newsletter from Miss Hooker. You can view previous newsletters and other useful information on the Parents' Info page.
View the current menu (January - March 2021)
New for 2016 - online payment facility for school trips, uniform, milk etc. online. For more information, click here.