Downside Primary School is an established five form entry school, which opened in September 2011. We are a big school, but we work hard to ensure that we create a welcoming, caring atmosphere – where all children are praised and developed as individuals. Downside Primary School was judge to be a ‘good’ school in our most recent Ofsted inspection – January 2019
At Downside Primary School, we aim to:
- develop an enthusiasm and love for learning
- create a caring school where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- provide opportunities for everyone to learn and develop in a safe and challenging environment
- offer an inspiring and exciting curriculum which provides knowledge and skills for life-long learning
- promote positive attitudes and enable children to become caring and active citizens
- value and respect diversity and enable children to develop the skills necessary to be positive role models in the community
- sow and nurture an awareness of the need to care for the natural environment
- encourage creativity and exploration in all areas of learning
- enable children to discover for themselves and lay foundations for independent learning
- actively promote an understanding and awareness of healthy living
Downside Primary School is a member of the West Area Partnership of Schools. Click HERE to find out more details.
View the current menu (January - March 2021)
Download the latest newsletter from Miss Hooker. You can view previous newsletters and other useful information on the Parents' Info page.
New for 2016 - online payment facility for school trips, uniform, milk etc. online. For more information, click here.